Synchronoss Unifies Mobile Content Transfer and Personal Cloud on Multiple Devices
New solution provides communication service providers content transfer and automatic cloud set up for subscribers
CSPs are giving their subscribers easier access to device upgrades, which is creating an opportunity for a carrier sponsored customer experience to ensure the continuity and security of a subscriber’s content getting from their old device to their new device. The newly combined solution addresses this need through the integration of Synchronoss’ award-winning Synchronoss Personal Cloud product serving 75 percent of the global Carrier personal cloud market with their Synchronoss Mobile Content Transfer product, which is in use by more than 5,000 retail stores worldwide.
Synchronoss’ Personal Cloud provides the ability to access, sync, and manage content from any device on any network; while Synchronoss Mobile Content Transfer ensures a secure, fast, wireless transfer of personal content across operating system, device and network. Integrating Personal Cloud account provisioning during the Mobile Content Transfer process enables automatic syncing of subscribers’ content, applications and services at the moment devices are upgraded or activated, driving immediate cloud adoption at unprecedented rates. Over time, this enables carriers to engage and monetize the cloud beyond a cost center. Subscribers benefit from getting peace of mind and the ability to store more content on their new devices.
Without a branded solution, carriers’ only alternative is over-the-top
(OTT) personal cloud services, which are primarily a file-centric
storage facility and give the CSP little to no control compared to a
device centric utility that can enable a service provider’s managed
device experience. The new
“As subscribers upgrade to new devices faster than ever before, CSPs use
Synchronoss Mobile Content Transfer to facilitate a carrier-branded
experience, making the transfer of subscriber content from one device to
another as seamless as possible,” said
According to a survey of service providers conducted by
Unmatched Benefits for Communication Service Providers:
Until now, transferring content to the cloud has been a slow and
cumbersome process requiring the user to activate the transfer process,
input settings manually, migrate content, and sync content.
The advanced features of the
- Cloud auto-enrollment drives adoption by enabling content transfer to the cloud from nearly any mobile device, and most operating systems.
- Auto-registration allows providers to drive mass cloud adoption as part of existing device activation workflows.
- Push notifications drive increased personal cloud usage by allowing providers to engage with users by, for example, letting them know a new, pre-organized, ready-made smart photo album based on geo location has been created and is ready to share.
- Custom application seeding from the cloud during content transfer, even to device operating systems that do not allow pre-loading, create further adoption and monetization opportunities.
Reporting and usability features provide further benefits,
- Wi-Fi Direct support for connecting and transferring content without relying on network connectivity.
- Data-driven, in-app user feedback.